Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
overcome issues from pelvic dysfunction.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists are highly trained professionals offering life changing tools to help women (and men) overcome issues from pelvic dysfunction and it’s about a whole lot more than kegels!
If you have experienced any of the following symptoms,
Pelvic Floor Therapy can help!
- Visit the bathroom more frequently than you used to?
- Struggle with constipation / difficult bowel movements?
- Leakage when you cough / sneeze / laugh or exercise?
- No longer run because of unpleasant wetness or a sensation of heaviness?
- Not quite making it to the bathroom?
- Have bulging / heaviness in the perineum?
- Have vulvula / vaginal / genital pains affecting your sex life?
- Have reduced sexual sensation?
- Have pelvic / vaginal / perineal changes post partum you want to know more about?
- Have pain in the pelvic area, perineum and or tailbone that is affecting your quality of life?
Your initial pelvic floor session will involve a detailed history and assessment of your posture and pelvic mechanics. An internal digital exam is normally carried out (either vaginal and/or rectal) to assess the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. Digital means the exam is done using a finger rather than a speculum. A treatment plan is then tailored for you and often encompasses a series of exercises, posture correction, manual therapy to the pelvis and internal muscles and possibly acupuncture or electrotherapy.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is beneficial during and after pregnancy to optimize birthing and prevention of postpartum issues.
Pelvic Floor Therapy is also useful in treating:
- Pelvic, tailbone or lower back pain
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (Leaking)
- Overactive bladder (Urgency)
- Nocturia (having to urinate throughout the night)
- Fecal Incontinence
- DRA – Diastasis Rectus Abdominus (separated stomach muscles)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (a descent of one of the pelvic organs into the vaginal space)
- Sexual pain or dysfunction
- Vestibulodynia / Vulvodynia / Vaginismus / Vestibulitis (pain syndromes in the vaginal region)
- Coccydynia – painful tailbone
KūRated has a talented team of professionals, licensed in Ontario, that are here to help and have advanced training in a variety of techniques.